Some of Fairview's missionaries serve in sensitive areas with high security concerns. Some live under governments where Christianity is illegal. To protect their identity and their evangelical work, they have limited or no online presence. Even though these missionaries must remained unnamed, please pray for them and their work in the countries they call home. Below is a list of prayer requests for countries where sharing the Gospel is difficult or dangerous. Fairview has at least one missionary family in each of the countries listed below.
- Boko Haram is a terrorist group that has killed many in Nigeria and is active on the Nigeria/Chad border. Recently, a few of Boko Haram leaders were arrested in N'Djamena; pray that their influence will be diminished.
- Pray for Chad and several neighboring countries as they seek to cooperate in the fight against Boko Haram.
- Pray for the Church to be both burdened and equipped for evangelism among an increasing Muslim majority.
- Pray for those working in the country to persevere in difficult places in order to reach the unreached.
- Pray for integrity and honesty to rule the nation and displace government corruption.
- Pray for continued church growth and pure Biblical teaching amid ongoing persecution.
- Pray for Jesus' teachings to take deep root in the culture and expose all false religions.
- Pray for renewed value of life to abolish abortion, suicide, abandonment, and human trafficking.
- Pray for political and economic reforms; there is a widening gap between poor, private vs. state provided social services.
- Pray for freedom of information; the Government of China tries to control the flow of information to its people.
- Pray for honesty and integrity to become mainstays in politics and business.
- Pray for a strong and trustworthy government that will act in the interest of all of its people.
- Pray for Coptic Christians to receive the encouragement and boldness they need to stand firm before their oppressors.
- Pray for Muslim-background believers to share Christ's love with their families and neighbors.
- The evangelical churches need teachers; pray for many to be sent and for the immigration of Christian workers to be reversed.
- There is a ministry of Christian radio & television in the country; pray for the Gospel to be proclaimed boldly from these ministries and to increase.
- Pray for unity and cooperation among various denominations within the growing evangelical community.
- Pray for an end to extreme poverty, homelessness, and drug addiction among urban children.
- Pray for truth and justice to prevail over government corruption.
- India's caste system has a huge influence on the country; pray for the cultural barriers of this system to be overcome by the Gospel.
- India is a predominately Hindu country; pray for the cultural barriers of Hinduism to be overcome by the Gospel.
- The population of India is spread out through the country with many village and towns; pray for the Good News to reach into every one of them.
- India is plagued by oppression, poverty, and disease in many areas; pray for justice and hope to shine through.
- There can be persecution of Christians; pray for those who are afraid to receive Jesus into their lives because of this. Pray also strength for those who have received Jesus and are now facing persecution.
- Madagascar remains one of the world's poorest countries. 85% of the population lives on less than $2/day. Pray for wise economic choices from country leadership.
- Madagascar suffered a period of crisis following a coup d'etat in 2009. Elections in late 2013 have started the nation on a path towards normalcy; pray for continued strong, even Godly, leadership in key offices.
- The majority of Malagasy are Christian, a large percentage adhere to traditional beliefs, and less than 10% are Muslim. Play that this continues, that Islam will be held at bay and out of the country.
- Church leadership elections will be held in the summer; pray for Godly men and women to be raised into leadership roles.
- Safe drinking water is scarce; pray for continued education on how to get safe water and for safe water projects.
- Mexico has many poor and impoverished people; pray for the Church to meet the needs of the poor.
- There is a long history of corruption in the different areas of the government; pray for corrupt police and politicians to repent or be removed from their positions.
- There are more than 500,000 drug addicts in Mexico; pray for drug addicts to recover from their addictions. Also pray for the drug cartel leaders and employees to seek honest employment and cease their drug trafficking.
- Pray for relations between the governments of Mexico and the United States to improve.
- Pray for unity among Mexican Christians.
- Pray for Christians that are persecuted for their refusal to participate in pagan traditions.
Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea (PNG) was hit hard by a drought in 2015. Most of the country's people are subsistent farmers so the drought had a huge impact on them; pray for those parts of the country that have not recovered from the drought yet.
- Pray for an end to tribal fighting, revenge killing, and sorcery-related violence.
- There are many different church communities and ministry organizations in the country; pray for unity of the spirit across these diverse church communities.
- PNG has a history of corruption at the political level; pray for Godly leadership and honest politics to lead the country.
- PNG is set to become one of the largest exporters of Liquified Natural Gas; pray that this increased income will benefit the whole country.